Since last weeks post would not co-operate I am reposting it this week, too pretty to miss!
Over the last week or so, the sarvisberry and redbud trees are beginning to open up and dot the hillsides along the park road. The dogwoods can ‘t surely be far behind. The trees that are blossoming out are a bit sparse right now, but what a difference a few warm sunny days can make!
The trails would be a great place to see more of these spring beauties. The more area you cover the more you are going to see. Get out and see all the colors coming to life soon at Lake Cumberland SRP.
- Easter Egg Hunt Saturday April 20, 2014 from 1:30 pm to 2:30 pm.
- Camper Appreciation Weekend April 25 – 27, 2014. Pay for Friday night and Saturday night is on us!
- 9th Annual Geocache Event May 2-4, 2014.Lake Cumberland State Resort Park will be hosting its 9th Annual Geocache Event. You don’t want to miss the fun, food, games, and caches! Mark your calendars now for May 2-4, 2014. There will be trail caches as well as park and grabs.
- Registration is $30 per couple, $20 per individual, and $10 for children 12 & under. There will be a limited number of discount rate rooms blocked for the event which will be on a first come first serve basis.
- Event t-shirts available for pre-registration participants only. Costs will be announced at a later date.For more information contact : Robert Myers at RobertA.Myers@ky.gov Click here for the event flyer
Geocache Weekend Flyer.pdf
Click here for event registration form